A lot of tram systems have stops that are all pretty much identical, consisting of just a platform or two, but the Metrolink is different. A lot of its stops are pretty substantial, whether that's because they're converted railway stations or because the Metrolink is running elevated or in a cutting at that location. In fact, as so many are so substantial, I prefer to refer to them as stations rather than stops. I'm probably unusual in that I'm more interested in the stations than of the trams, so as most photos on the internet are just pictures of the trams (which all look the same!) in different places, I decided to take some photos of some of the stations and put them on the internet. If there is anyone else interested in this stuff, I hope you like them.
These photos are not what a professional photographer would consider "great", but hopefully they give you a good idea of the stations — that's what they're designed to do.
New Photos — June 2016
It was longer than I expected back in January but we finally returned to Manchester, completing what I planned to do before, plus going to the ends of the Airport and Oldham and Rochdale lines and to more stations on the South Manchester Line. Find the new photos by clicking stations marked First Photos!, New Photos! or New Photo! in the Alphabetical List further down the page.
Previous Updates — Last: January 2016Keep Updated: Subscribe to one of my mailing lists to be informed when new photos are added — you can get updates just for this tram system or for the whole Danny's Tram Stop Photos website
Here's an alphabetical list of all the stations that I've got photos of. You might prefer to explore them via a map and line diagrams.
- Ashton Moss (six photos)
- Ashton-under-Lyne (two photos)
- Besses o' th' Barn (five photos)
- Bowker Vale (10 photos)
- Burton Road (11 photos) First Photos!
- Bury (seven photos)
- Central Park (nine photos)
- Cornbrook (seven photos)
- Deansgate-Castlefield (21 photos)
- Didsbury Village (six photos) First Photos!
- Droylsden (six photos)
- East Didsbury (nine photos)
- Eccles (three photos)
- Edge Lane (five photos)
- Exchange Square (seven photos) First Photos!
- Harbour City (six photos)
- Heaton Park (five photos)
- Hollinwood (11 photos)
- Manchester Airport (eight photos) First Photos!
- Market Street (12 photos) New Photos!
- MediaCityUK (seven photos)
- Milnrow (seven photos)
- Navigation Road (four photos)
- Newhey (nine photos) First Photos!
- Oldham Central (four photos)
- Oldham King Street (five photos)
- Piccadilly Gardens (eight photos) New Photos!
- Piccadilly (28 photos) New Photos!
- Radcliffe (eight photos)
- Rochdale Railway Station (seven photos) First Photos!
- Rochdale Town Centre (four photos) First Photos!
- Sale (10 photos)
- Sale Water Park (13 photos)
- Salford Quays (four photos)
- Shaw and Crompton (three photos)
- Shudehill (nine photos) New Photos!
- St Peter's Square (four photos)
- St Werburgh's Road (13 photos) First Photos!
- Stretford (five photos)
- Timperley (seven photos)
- Trafford Bar (four photos)
- Victoria (15 photos) New Photos!
- West Didsbury (15 photos) First Photos!
- Wythenshawe Town Centre (seven photos)